Pensioners only qualify for this type of discount when presenting a valid ID or pensioners card during the booking process.
Discount applies to children aged 12 (twelve) to 3 (three), children younger than 3 travel for free. Children not accompanied by a adult will be declined to travel.
Scholars aged 12 to 18 automatically qualify for this type of discount. They must be accompanied by an adult or present a writen concent from their parents.
Sudents only qualify for this type of discount when presenting a valid Student card during the booking process.
SAPS & SANDF employees only qualify for this type of discount when presenting a valid Force/Service card during the booking process.
Eagle City Traveller's Club
Make your travel experience a rewarding one with the Eagle City Travellers Club. Earn rewards for every time you travel.
How it works
- Points can be switched to Rand value at any time the passenger wants to redeem their points.
- Points are allocated only to the person the loyalty membership is registered under.
- Points not used in 12 months will be forfeited.
- It is up to the passenger to redeem points.
- Points may only be redeemed from Intercity Xpress Offices
- Eagle City Travellers Club passengers are Intercity Xpress passengers and therefore subject to the terms and conditions of carriage displayed on Intercity Xpress websites. Summaries of these may be found on Intercity Xpress ticket covers.
- Intercity Xpress reserves the right to change or terminate the programme without notice.
- Lost cards will be replaced at a fee of R50
- Points may only be allocated and redeemed if the card is present.
- Points are non-transferrable.
- Old MTC members with THREE OR LESS travels away from redemption may continue with the old system.
- MTC validation will be done as usual through customer care.
- As of date of implementation, MTC will be cancelled and no longer in use. Only ECTC (the points system) will be in use.
- Voucher claims/ campaigns do not qualify to earn points.