Conditions of Carriage
Passengers are conveyed subject to and in terms of our standard conditions of carriage not withstanding anything contained herein to the contrary.
- Tickets are not transferable and are valid for use only by the persons to whom they are issued and for the date and time shown thereon.
- It is the passengers’ responsibility to ensure that the correct information is shown on the ticket.
- Any alteration to a ticket will render it invalid. Any change of trip requires the issue of a replacement ticket.
- Positive identification may be requested when boarding the coach.
All fares are subject to change without notice. Eagle Liner will only be bound by the fare charged upon the purchase of ticket.
Right of Admission
Eagle Liner reserves the right of admission to any of its coaches. Upon the exercising of such discretion with reference to a bona fide ticket holder by Eagle Liner as and when it may deem necessary, such a ticket holder would be reimbursed in full.
Passengers are required to be at the departure points 30 minutes before the departure time shown on the ticket. Any seat not filled within 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time, will be offered for sale to standby passengers on a first come first served basis.
Payments, Cancellations and Refunds
- Tickets that are cancelled shall be refunded into a banking account within 15 working days, but provided that the same is done at least 6 hours before departure. Tickets that are cancelled and need to be refunded are subject to a 20% cancellation fee.
- Cancellations done after the departure time will be refunded provided cancellation is due to death or hospitalization of the person in whose name the ticket has been issued and is subject to a 20% cancellation fee.
- An alternative booking (the rebooking) may be done for the next available seat on the same route as the initial ticket for tickets that want to be cancelled after this period provided that it is 3 hours prior to departure and is subject to a 20% rebooking fee.
- No more than one rebooking will be allowed per ticket issued. Any increase in the cost/price of the ticket will be for the account of the passenger, payable immediately on making the rebooking.
- Rebooked tickets cannot be refunded.
- if a passenger misses the bus, no refund will be granted.
- Each fare paying passenger is permitted to take not more than one item of personal luggage not exceeding total volume of 80cm x 60cm x 60cm in size or total mass not exceeding 20kg for all services and 30kg for cross border. Eagle Liner reserves the right to refuse carriage of any item or luggage, which does not comply with these conditions.
- Unaccompanied luggage will not be carried.
- Eagle Liner is not responsible whatsoever for loss or damage to passengers’ hand luggage or personal effects, property or luggage subject to terms as prescribed in (a) above.
- Harmful chemicals, explosives, animals, reptiles, combustible fluids or toxic substances will not be carried.
- No bicycles, electronic equipment, fishing rods, surf boards, abnormal boxes or perishables will be carried, unless prior arrangement is made with an Intercity Xpress Supervisor.
- Additional charge may be levied as per pre-determined tariffs for excess luggage.
- Luggage and or damage claims will be considered at the sole discretion of Eagle Liner management and any claim will be limited to a maximum of R500,00 per claim.
- Eagle Liner will not accept liability for losses or damages to valuable items such as but not limited to: cellular phones, jewellery, laptops or other computer equipment, electronic items, cash, credit cards and fragile or perishable items packed in baggage.
- Eagle Liner does not provide general insurance cover for its passengers, their property and luggage.
- Smoking is prohibited on all the coaches.
- Alcohol may not be consumed on Eagle Liner coaches and intoxicated passengers will not be conveyed. Any intoxicated passenger found on board will be instructed to disembark immediately. No reimbursement will occur in such an event.
- No animals will be carried, with the exception of a trained guide dog accompanying a blind person.
- Passengers must ensure that they are in possession of valid travel documents for all cross border journeys. Eagle Liner accepts no responsibility for passengers who are not in possession of proper and valid travel documents, or where entry to any country or territory is refused to any person for any reason.
- No passenger shall have any claim of any nature against Eagle Liner or its appointed agents, should he/she be prevented from undertaking, or continuing with any journey as a result thereof.
- No children under the age of 12 years will be conveyed without being accompanied by an adult.
- Special requirement for cross-border services between RSA and Zimbabwe: Any child under the age of 17 will not be allowed to travel with a person holding him/herself out to be his/her parent, without such person presenting an affidavit from the other parent, giving his/her consent for the child so to travel.
- Children younger than 3 years travel for free if not occupying a seat.
- Should more than one child under three years old accompany the same adult, all such additional children are required to purchase tickets at the applicable rate.
- Eagle Liner will make every effort to keep the current published timetable, but services may be affected by road, weather or other conditions beyond Eagle Liner control.Eagle Liner will therefore not accept liability for any costs incurred by passengers under such circumstances.
- Eagle Liner makes every effort to ensure connections between its services where appropriate. However no liability can be accepted for loss or damage caused by any failure to make these connections or perceived to exist with other transport operations. Eagle Liner reserves the right to revise seat allocations without prior notice and to operate substitute vehicles of the same standard.
- Eagle Liner reserves the right to cancel any of its services for whatever reason without notice. Under no circumstances will any liability be accepted for losses incurred by pre-booked passengers. Re-imbursement in such an event would apply however.